Norstar As An Employer
Our people are our greatest assets. We have the highest retention ratios in the industry, while our dedicated team is comprised of people from diverse nationalities and backgrounds. At Norstar, we recognise and reward hard work.
We aim to nurture and shape our people to achieve both professional and personal goals.
Employees in the offices
Employees retained at sea
Looking for opportunities? Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or take a look at our open positions.
“Developing the skills of individuals globally so that they can be engaged in meaningful vocational activities, experience sustainable livelihoods, and contribute to economic prosperity is core to our global well-being vision.”
Since 2015, Norstar has been operating crew training and recruitment operations in Yangon, Myanmar, and has established a reputation as an employer of choice. In 2022, Norstar is excited to expand its services to include skills development, training, education, and recruitment for the global hospitality, health, and care sectors. With a proven track record of providing outstanding professionals across various vocational roles, Norstar is committed to providing fully integrated services and ongoing support to set a new benchmark for the human resource industry in Myanmar.
We are looking for:
• Assist in pre-fixture and end-to-end post-fixture vessel operations per charter party terms.
• Monitor cargo loading and unloading, oversee operations, and optimize voyages for efficiency.
• Provide timely updates to the commercial team via the Voyage Management System.
• Maintain clear communication with ship owners, ship masters, charterers, trading teams, and relevant stakeholders.
• Manage relationships with customers and suppliers effectively.
• Experience in commercial operations in the Tanker market (preference for Chemicals and various tank coatings such as SS/Epoxy/Zinc)
• Proficient in negotiation, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Excellent command of written and spoken English; strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong personal and work ethics
• Effective investigation and decision-making abilities
• Proactive and initiative-driven
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
• Flexibility to work outside office hours due to the nature of the shipping industry.
*Sailing experience preferred, but not mandatory.*